Personal Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter the “Policy”) is adopted by the company under the trade name “HVD Life Sciences”, its subsidiaries and all related corporate bodies (including without limitation its branch offices) (hereinafter collectively “HVD” or “our Company” or “our” or “we”). Our Company is a marketing and distribution company which is mainly engaged in the resale of multi-vendor laboratory equipment and specializes in sourcing, supplying and supporting life science solutions. We also provide relevant technical services to our customers relating to the equipment, specializing in preventive maintenance and repair services.
Our Company uses its best efforts to provide high quality services to its customers globally and empower them to accomplish scientific advancements by providing high quality products and expert support, enabled by strong and lasting partnerships with carefully selected manufacturers of innovative and industry-leading tools and technologies. We greatly appreciate our customers and partners as well as their trust to our Company and we take all necessary steps so that all the information they provide to us in order to receive our services is securely maintained.
This Policy sets out the way in which we use and protect the personal information (hereinafter the “Personal Data”) we collect from you or for you through our website, through written or oral communication with you (including by entering into agreements with you). This Policy also describes the way in which our Company collects, transfers, processes, uses and discloses your Personal Data and determines its policies regarding the secure processing of Personal Data.
By providing your Personal Data to us (either directly or by allowing another person to do so on your behalf) or by using any of our products or services and/or by agreeing to this Policy, e.g. in the context of registering for any of our products or services, you understand and acknowledge that this Policy shall apply to the way that we collect and use your Personal Data and you consent to HVD collecting, transferring, processing, using and disclosing your Personal Data, as detailed in this Policy. In case that you do not agree with any part of this Policy, you must not provide in any way your Personal Data. In such case or in case you withdraw a consent that you have given under this Policy, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively impact the services we may provide to you.
This Policy does not in any way govern your relations in your capacity as customer of our Company or user of our website www.hvdlifesciences.com (hereinafter the “Website”) with other companies that are not subject to the control or owned by us.
Please note that this Policy has been designed in accordance with the statutory provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (Regulation 2016/679) (hereinafter “GDPR”) which has entered in force on May 25, 2018.
Collection – Use – Purposes of Processing of your Personal Data
Α. We collect Personal Data at each point of contact or interaction with you, and we may also collect Personal Data as well as by conducting our business in general. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, our Company may collect your Personal Data in the following cases:
- when using the services of our Website or by completing the relevant contact form or when attending an event or function or having chosen to receive advertising/informative/promotional programs from our Company (hereinafter the “Newsletters”);
- when using our Company’s services (e.g. purchase of products, use of maintenance/repair or other relevant services);
- by entering into an agreement with our Company;
- by contacting our Company either through its Website or through another way of communication, written or verbal;
- through third parties cooperating with our company within the context of our business and in order to provide our services to our customers (e.g. public organizations, etc.).
Β. In the above-mentioned context, our Company may collect, store and use the following types of Personal Data:
- information you may provide in order to contact with our Company (e.g. by completing the relevant contact form on our Website) and/or when attending an event or function and generally information you may provide in order to use our Company’s services;
- any other information you may choose to disclose to us (either through our Website or otherwise) which is pertinent to the fulfillment of your personal requests and fall within our scope of business;
- any information you may disclose to our Company in the context of signing and performing an agreement with our Company;
- information which we may receive by third parties (e.g. public organizations) within the context of cooperation and provision of information.
More specifically, information that our Company may collect in the above-mentioned ways is the following:
- Personal Details (e.g. Name, Surname, Contact Address, Contact Number, E-mail address);
- Financial Data (e.g. Bank Account Number, Credit Card Information);
- Employment Data (e.g. Employment, Position / Title, Employment Location).
The term “sensitive data” refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life, or sexual orientation, genetic information, criminal background, and any biometric data used for the unique identification.
We do not generally collect sensitive data unless it is volunteered by you or unless we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or regulations. We may use health related data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
- We use your Personal Data in a number of ways, including to provide and personalize the services you request and expect from us, to offer you high quality products and the expected expert level of services, conduct direct marketing etc. as set forth below in more details. We collect your consent prior to processing your Personal Data where required by applicable law. More specifically, we may use and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- in order to provide you the services requested and fulfill your requests regarding the services provided by our Company;
- where permitted, in order to provide or offer you Newsletters, promotions and featured specials, as well as other marketing messages through e-mails, where appropriate in accordance with any communication preferences you may have expressed, to inform you about the services provided and new offers/categories of products/services;
- where permitted, we may use your Personal Data for setting up an individual or group cluster identified according to your habits and preferences;
- in order to answer questions and requests you may address to us;
- for internal purposes of our Company and in order to secure the quality of services provided;
- for our Company’s proper execution/performance of a concluded agreement;
- for other purposes as provided or required by law (e.g. our Company’s compliance with its legal obligations or for the protection of its or your vital interests or in cases where the processing is necessary to defend our legal rights or establish, exercise, defend and execute our legal claims).
Protection of Personal Data of Data Subjects
Our Company takes appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures in order to protect your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable legislation for privacy and data security. Our Company implements various security technologies and procedures in order to protect your Personal Data from any illegal destruction, loss, misuse or modification, as well as against any unauthorized or illegal processing, use or disclosure, as well as to keep your Personal Data accurate and up-to-date as appropriate.
We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share your Personal Data to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Retaining Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
We will delete or re-identify your Personal Data once we no longer need it for the provision of our services and/or for our business purposes and/or for the performance of a contract we have entered into and/or for legal purposes, or as otherwise required by the applicable legislation for the protection of your Personal Data from time to time.
We will destroy your Personal Data as set above as early as practicable and in a way that it may not be restored or reconstructed. If printed on paper, your Personal Data will be destroyed in a secure manner, and if saved in electronic form it will be destroyed by technical means to ensure it may not be restored or reconstructed at a later time.
Common Use – Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
In order to provide you with our products and the best level of services, we may share your Personal Data with our affiliates and transport/courier companies.
Subject to the above and save as provided otherwise in this Policy, our Company shall not sell, rent or otherwise publish or disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
Furthermore, we commit ourselves not to disclose your Personal Data to third parties (individuals or legal entities) unless:
- a) you have provided explicit written consent and (i) the third party (individual or legal entity associate / supplier / service provider of our Company) has provided sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational measures governing the processing to be carried out and (ii) the third party (individual or legal entity associate / supplier / service provider of our Company) has entered into a written contact with us which imposes on the third party obligations identical to those imposed on our Company under the provisions of Personal Data protection legislation;
- b) it is required in order for our Company to comply with the respective legislation and only towards any competent tax authority, public prosecutor, police, criminal investigation and judicial authorities in response to their requests;
- c) in connection with any legal / judicial proceedings or prospective legal / judicial proceedings;
- d) it is required for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights and legal interests – including information to regulatory, prosecution οr other authorities for the purposes of fraud prevention and anti-counterfeiting, unauthorized use and illegal activities.
Our Company shall not transfer your Personal Data in third countries outside the European Union without your prior written consent except if pursuant to intragroup transfer agreements or the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
You shall have the following rights, as specified by the provisions of GDPR and the applicable legislation which implements or supplements GDPR or otherwise is related to the processing of individuals’ Personal Data together with the binding directives and Codes of Practice issued from time to time by the respective supervisory authorities:
(a) The right to be informed and the right of access
You shall have the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Data by our Company, as well as the right to access your Personal Data and the information relating to their processing and the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data undergoing processing.
(b) The right to rectification
You shall have the right to obtain from our Company the rectification or completion of your Personal Data, if your Personal Data are inaccurate or incomplete.
(c) The right to erasure
You shall have the right to obtain from our Company the erasure of your Personal Data. We shall satisfy your request where one of the following grounds applies:
- the Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected;
- you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you exercise the right to object to the processing (see below (f)) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed;
- your Personal Data have to be erased in compliance with a legal obligation.
(d) The right to restrict processing
You shall have the right to request our Company to restrict the processing. We shall satisfy your request where one of the following applies:
- when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data;
- when the processing is unlawful and you oppose to the erasure of your Personal Data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- when you exercise the right to object to the processing (see below (f)) pending the verification from our Company whether the legitimate grounds for the processing override your interests, rights and freedoms.
(e) The right to data portability
You shall have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as the right to request to have those data transmitted to you or another controller that shall proceed to their processing.
(f) The right to object
You shall have the right to object to:
- the processing of your Personal Data by our Company for our legal interests or legal interests of third parties;
- the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes;
- the processing of your Personal Data for statistical purposes;
- the processing of your Personal Data for automated decision making and profiling when such procedures produce legal effects or significantly affects you.
For any question you may have or in order to exercise all the above mentioned rights you may contact with our Company either (a) through the respective contact form in our Website or by sending e-mail to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or (b) by sending a letter to the address set out in the end of this Policy.
You are also entitled to withdraw at any time the consent you have provided regarding the processing of your Personal Data (without retroactive effect) following one of the aforementioned ways.
Ιn case that you consider that any of your rights or any of our Company’s legal obligations with respect to the processing of your Personal Data is violated, you may lodge a complaint before the competent supervisory authority.
For our office in Austria:
Address: Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna
Contact Number: (0043) 1 521520
For our branch office in Greece:
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
Address: 1-3, Kifisias Avenue, 115 23 Athens
Contact Number: (0030) 210 6475600
Fax: (0030) 210 6475628
For our branch office in Poland:
The Bureau of the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data (GIODO)
Address: ul. Stawki 2, 00193 Warsaw
Contact Number: (0048) 2253 10440
Fax: (0048) 2253 10441
Links to other sites
Our Website may contain links to third party websites or include third party websites. Please note that this Policy does not apply to these websites and our Company is neither in any way responsible for the availability or the content of these sites nor controls, signs or bears responsibility for the collection, use, maintenance, common use or disclosure of your Personal Data from third parties.
We encourage you to procure in advance and always review the disclaimers and privacy policies published in each website or mobile application before disclosing any of your Personal Data.
The processing and protection of Personal Data of the Data Subjects is governed by the terms of this clause, the provisions of GDPR and the applicable legislation which implements or supplements GDPR or otherwise is related to the processing of individuals’ Personal Data together with the binding directives and Codes of Practice issued from time to time from the respective supervisory authorities (see European Commission).
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time and post the most up-to-date version on the Website at any time without announcement. If substantial changes have been made, our Company may post a relevant announcement relating to the amendments on the Website or inform you by sending a notification via e-mail. We encourage you to check the Website at regular intervals in order to verify whether there have been any amendments, as well as to review from time to time this Policy in order to keep informed about the way in which we process your Personal Data.
If you proceed with the use of our Website, you agree with this Policy and any updates. If you do not agree with the terms for the protection of Personal Data provided in this Policy you must not use our services.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the way we process your Personal Data, or if you wish to either provide a compliment or submit a complaint, you may address and contact us by sending a letter to our registered office address (Wurzbachgasse 18, P.O. Box 54, A-1152 Vienna, Austria) or via e-mail using the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
This Policy was updated on August 2, 2018.